One of the most picturesque spots in Southeast Asia, Inle Lake Burma and its surrounding regions contain outstanding alternatives to the historical sites of Bagan and Mandalay. Surrounded by hazy Blue Mountains, this lovely lake is home to the Intha people, who constructed villages on stilts over the surface of the lake and farm floating islands created from mud and reed. It is a kind of water world, where the only mode of transportation is by boats and the Intha are also known for their unique leg rowing. At Inle Lake Burma, one that attracts the Buddhist and non-buddhist alike is the Phaungdawoo Pagoda, the residence of five ancient images of Buddha. Although Inle Lake and the leg-rowers are the most famous attraction in the region, there’s more.
Inle Lake Burma Photos Gallery | Inle Lake Burma Map
Places to visit Inle Lake Burma
Excursions around Inle lake
Nyaung Shwe contains the main port to Inle Lake. Taunggyi hot air balloons festival is another interesting event of Myanmar. Pindaya Caves has great Buddha Images in different sizes. Kakku Pagodas are still the untouched architectures of the ancient times. Hopong and Kalaw are the other cities to visit nearby.
Accommodation suggestions Inle Lake Burma
- Aureum Palace Hotels & Resorts (5* Hotel)
- Inle Princess Resort (5* Hotel)
- Pristine Lotus Resort and Spa (5* Hotel)
- Inle Lake View Boutique (5* Hotel)
- Paradise Inle Resort (4* Hotel)
- View Point Lodge (4* Hotel)
- Myanmar Treasure Resort (4* Hotel)
- Shwe Inthar Lodge (4* Hotel)
- Amazing Inle Resort (3* Hotel)
- Paradise Inle Resort (3* Hotel)